The Salvation Army - Metropolitan Division - DOING THE MOST GOOD
Do you want to use your skills and talents to make a lasting difference in the world? The Salvation Army is the fourth largest charity in the United States and is an international organization based on Biblical principles created to help people in need. We are mission-driven, diverse, collaborative, and focused on positive results for people. Join us in making a difference.
POSITION TITLE: Planned Giving Representative
LOCATION/DEPT: Development Department
REPORTS TO (TITLE): Director of Planned Giving
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
STATUS TYPE: Full-Time
The Planned Giving Representative is responsible for identifying, cultivating, solicit, secure and steward individual prospects and donors, targeting planned gifts. Actively participate in the implementation of DHQ’s philanthropic campaigns and plans, focusing on planned giving fundraising priorities and involving volunteers and other stakeholders in achieving. Engage and solicit donors and friends of The Army for planned gifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. DHQ achieves its fundraising goals in collaboration with others within the Development Department and inter-departmentally.
2. Manage a prospect portfolio of approximately 125-150 planned giving donors and prospects, and manage the qualification of a select group of suspects.
3. Develop solicitation plans for new and current planned gift donors and prospects.
4. Establish relationships with assigned donors and prospects through various cultivation calls, letters and handwritten notes, with an emphasis on successful face-to-face meetings.
5. Complete an assigned number of significant contacts per year with donors and prospects from portfolio.
6. Solicit and close planned gifts in accordance with annual goals as set by director in consultation with DHQ leadership and the Territorial Planned Giving Director.
7. Develop and write donor cultivation materials, proposals, acknowledgements, volunteer solicitor briefings and reports.
8. Contact and cultivate persons identified through marketing efforts, work with Corps and Division staff, professional advisors and other referral sources.
9. Coordinate and provide assistance in the design of strategies for cultivating and soliciting donors in coordination with senior staff, leadership and volunteers
10. With other Development staff, identify, qualify and research new planned gift prospects
11. Collaborate the Director of Planned Giving, the major gift staff, and other development staff as appropriate to develop and execute effectively to achieve goals and alignment with development initiatives.
12. Assist in the organization of occasional events and small donor meetings for cultivation and stewardship purposes
13. Adhere to and update progress on assigned budgets, goals and required activities standards.
14. Responsible for submitting required statistics, reports and budget information to the Director of Planned Giving as requested, including updating interactions in Salesforce system as required.
15. Develops a documented plan to achieve endowment and planned gift goals from assigned portfolio.
16. Other Duties
This individual will be evaluated on how effectively the outcomes of this position are achieved, timeliness and accuracy of accomplishing assigned goals will be reviewed and an evaluation of how effectively service is provided including:
Manage a balanced portfolio of Major and Planned Gift donors with target prospects being determined and evaluated on a regular basis.
Establish and steward strong relationships with donors, producing new and sustained planned and major gifts.
Two or more years of experience in major gift fundraising or relevant experience.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
5 years’ experience in fund raising to include personal solicitation, financial and insurance sales, estate and financial planning or related areas and familiarity with fundraising practices.
Advance degree in a related field such as law or finance non-profit management
Proven committee/board experience is preferred.
Certification with CFP or CAP is a plus. Must obtain within 2 years of employment.
Experience in managing a portfolio of high net worth donors.
Knowledge of donor tracking experience is a plus.
Must cleared Safe from Harm training within the first 90 days.
Valid Driver’s license/MVR clearance.
Willing to promote the mission of The Salvation Army.
Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, be trustworthy, especially in confidential matters and be well organized and efficient.
Must be comfortable working with donors.
Successful fundraising record of accomplishment with major and/or planned gift donors.
Ability to work in a complex non-profit organization with multiple departments, programs and fund raising priorities.
Ability to work well with a people in a dynamic environment; high energy, focus and collaborative spirit.
Self-directed and proactive.
Familiar with issues of fundraising and general professional and workplace ethics.
Detail oriented with a strong focus on quality and accuracy.
Be able to demonstrate mature judgment, initiative and the ability to make independent and effective decisions without close supervision.
Maintains positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with co-workers and supervisors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position is required to do moderate physical work and must be to lift 50 pounds.
In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to use standard office equipment and a PC.
The work environment for this position includes an office environment with a low noise level.
Must be able to drive, sit for long periods and walk stairs.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply: https://careers-uscsalvationarmy.icims.com/jobs/10712/planned-giving-representative-dhq-development-chicago/job
Applicants with disabilities may contact us at (773)725-1100 for additional information or assistance with the application process.
Anthony Colón | Employment / HRIS Specialist
The Salvation Army - Metropolitan Division
5040 N. Pulaski Rd, Chicago, IL 60630
Phone: 773.205.3540 | Fax: 773.205.3653
For all Job Postings: https://careers-uscsalvationarmy.icims.com/jobs
Chicago Council on Planned Giving © 2017 | Phone: (630) 416-1166 | email@example.com
Terms / Privacy / CCPG logo courtesy of Bark Design