A mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you’re ready to get started, we’re ready for you.
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Planned Giving Specialist is a member of WWP’s fundraising team. The Planned Giving Specialist will steward a portfolio of planned giving donors and new prospects. This position will identify, cultivate, and solicit individuals who are interested in making a planned gift through ongoing personal contact, with strong emphasis on in-person meetings and cultivation events. The gift officer will share in the goal of confirming planned gifts, increasing the number of inquiries for information on planned giving, stewardship of Honor & Empower Society donors/prospects, providing support to the major gifts team with planned giving solicitations and information.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the growth and retention of their portfolio of planned giving and prospective donors.
- Effectively articulate, verbally and in writing, WWP’s history, mission, vision, and programs to potential funding sources.
- Ensure portfolio is properly balanced for effective moves management. Track communications within DMI/Salesforce CRM to ensure prioritizing individual passions through relationship based fundraising strategies.
- Represent WWP and speak to community audiences, organizations, and donors. Travel to meet with existing and prospective donors in support of program objectives.
- Establish effective working relationships and work collaboratively with WWP teammates across the organization, e.g., Communications, Marketing, Programs, and other Resource Development teams, working cross channels to garner new donors.
- Provide monthly and quarterly revenue projections and forecasting for their portfolio.
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies.
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure.
- Develop highly personalized donor communications including proposals, stewardship reports, and general program updates.
- Utilize wealth screening information, other research, and networks of existing donors to identify prospective planned giving and major donors.
- Other related duties as assigned.
CLICK HERE for more information.