JOB OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
MANAGER OF DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS
FAMILY SERVICE OF GLENCOE IS OFFERING THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY,
Family Service of Glencoe (FSG) is a non-profit human service organization serving Glencoe and surrounding North Shore area communities. The Manager of Development and Communications is a generalist, well-versed in all facets of community-based organization fund development, marketing, and communications. Working with a small team of administrative and clinical staff, and in collaboration with Board committees, the successful candidate will plan and implement strategic and annual fundraising and communications activities. Position-specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement the organization’s annual fundraising strategy, with priorities in event
planning and individual donor cultivation.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate and foundation sponsors, and individual donors.
- Manage the annual giving program, including direct mail and personal solicitation of leadership level donors.
- Partner with board committees in the planning and execution of special fundraising events.
- Maintain best practices for recording gifts, honoring donor intent, and managing donor relationships.
- Update and maintain the donor database, ensuring accuracy and integrity.
Develop and implement an integrated marketing and communication strategy.
- Maintain integrity of the FSG brand, market programs, promote special fundraising events, and
support mental health advocacy initiatives.
- Supervise a part-time marketing assistant; manage and support the creation of marketing and
promotional materials, including electronic newsletters, social media, print media, and related artwork.
The Manager of Development and Communications must be able to interact in a supportive and
professional manner with donors, board members, volunteers, clients, colleagues and community. The person in this position must work well in a small office team environment.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will possess:
- Appreciation for boundaries of confidentiality in a mental health organization
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of fund development experience (annual fund, major gifts, events planning, grant writing)
- Minimum of 3 years of communications experience (marketing, public relations, social media)
- Attentive to detail and commitment to quality
Preference will be given to candidates with additional training or experience with donor data bases
and/or graphic design (Current applications include DonorPerfect, One Cause, Constant Contact, Adobe Creative Suite)
Compensation: Family Service of Glencoe has a very competitive salary range and for full-time
employees, an array of benefits including health, life, and disability insurance coverage, and retirement
To Apply: No phone calls please. Submit confidential e-mail resume, cover letter and salary
requirements to Bill Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chicago Council on Planned Giving © 2017 | Phone: 630-416-1166 | email@example.com
Terms / Privacy / CCPG logo courtesy of Bark Design