About Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is the global leader in physical medicine and rehabilitation for adults and children with the most severe, complex conditions. By joining our team, you will be part of our life-changing Mission and Vision. You’ll work in a truly inclusive environment where diversity and equity are championed through words and actions. You’ll contribute to an innovative culture that is second to none, one that embraces curiosity, discovery and compassion. You’ll play a role in something that’s never been done before as we integrate science and clinical care to help patients achieve better, faster outcomes — as we Advance Human Ability, together.
The Manager, Donor Relations and Individual Giving, in alignment with Shirley Ryan AbilityLab’s Vision and the strategic goals of the Advancement Office, is responsible for the organization of the Advancement Office process for stewarding and retaining donors, and assisting in the cultivation and solicitation of new donors. The Manager, Donor Relations and Individual Giving will also assist in activities related to attracting and upgrading donors in the annual appeal. The Manager, Donor Relations and Individual giving will be a key partner to the Marketing team for communications, digital presence and development of donor-centric collateral.
1. Manage a comprehensive stewardship program that is effectively integrated with all Advancement Office goals including Annual Giving.
a. Develop and implement an efficient and effective system to inform and engage, ensuring donors at each level are effectively recognized, thanked and connected to the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab mission.
b. Create and manage Advancement Office stewardship calendar, develop content, draft copy and related processes; collaborate with Advancement and Marketing staff to ensure the quality and timeliness of stewardship materials including endowment, annual, impact and special reports, and other materials as requested.
c. Direct and manage Advancement communications and events calendar.
d. Manage appropriate recognition of donors, gifts and/or grants in Shirley Ryan AbilityLab publications or other printed materials and communications including online.
e. Manage the acknowledgement process on behalf of the Chief Advancement Officer.
2. Assist in execution of direct mail campaigns (including development, testing, analysis and reporting) and, in partnership with Marketing Manager, develop all online collateral for these campaigns. Work with Senior Director and Marketing Manager to continually improve practices and results.
3. Manage specific annual appeal processes throughout year, in partnership with Senior Directors and Database Manager.
4. Develop, manage and grow a monthly giving program.
5. In collaboration with the Database Manager and Marketing Manager, manage Advancement’s online presence including donation pages, webpages, related social media posts; measuring performance; and, troubleshooting issues.
6. Serves as the primary liaison to Marketing and lead project management.
a. Collaborate with the Marketing department and Advancement staff to oversee the development of materials specific to fundraising goals and campaigns, such as newsletters and other donor-centric communications.
b. Provide oversight of stewardship collateral management and Advancement inventory.7. Manage own portfolio of annual donors who consistently give between $500 and $999. Collaborate with others with similar portfolios.
Reports directly to the Senior Director, Advancement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. A professional level of knowledge, generally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred.
2. Minimum of 5 years of related experience, preferably in healthcare fundraising, non-profit, project or events management working on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
3. Continues to develop professional expertise, applying organization policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
4. Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects and assignments effectively and efficiently.
5. Demonstrates exceptional writing proficiency via prior experience or writing samples.
6. Takes initiative to improve both processes and outcomes, incorporating best practices and innovations in this professional field.
7. Able to perform assignments by receiving general instructions on routine work, and detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
8. Able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
9. Able to build stable working relationships with multidisciplinary team.
10. Working proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite; Raiser’s Edge database and Adobe Acrobat Pro experience preferred.
Hybrid remote and in-office schedule
Please see attached full job description and/or visit https://www.sralab.org/careers
Chicago Council on Planned Giving © 2017 | Phone: 630-416-1166 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms / Privacy / CCPG logo courtesy of Bark Design