Location: University Club of Chicago, 76 East Monroe Street, Michigan Room, Second Floor, Chicago, IL 60603
Date: November 14, 2017
10:00 - 10:30 AM - Networking Coffee
10:30 - 11:45 AM - Morning Session
Panel Discussion: Gifts Gone Bad - Tales from the Litigators
The panel discussion will focus on the various issues that arise when charitable gifts become the subject of litigation, either because of a dispute among parties or because of the need to reform a charitable gift.
- Kristin Louis, Assistant Attorney General Charitable Trusts Bureau, Illinois Attorney General
- Tim Midura, Estate & Trust Attorney, Huck Bouma PC
- Jennifer Sostaric, Associate General Counsel, The Art Institute of Chicago
- Judge James Riley (Ret.)
MCLE: Participants will earn 1.25 hour of MCLE credit. CCPG is an approved MCLE provider.
- James C. Provenza, JD, CPA, James C. Provenza & Associates, PC
11:45 - 12:15 PM - Lunch
12:15 - 1:30 PM - Afternoon Session
Death and Grief
A talk on the values in America surrounding end of life, focusing on some of the intricacies of dealing with chronic illness, including descriptions on how to improve the quality of life for the dying. We will also explore the impact of cultural attitudes on the experience of loss and offer helpful tips for supporting bereaved clients, coworkers, and family members.
- Understand death in America 2017
- Describe grief across the lifespan
- Acquire resources for supporting the bereaved
Dr. Michael Marschke, Director of Hospice and Palliative Care, Northshore University HealthSystem
Thomas Dennis, LCPC, Bereavement Services Coordinator, NorthShore University HealthSystem
Cancellations/Refunds: Cancellations must be received by 12:00 pm two business days prior to the event in order to receive a full refund. No refunds will be processed after this time. Cancellations must be in writing and may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, payment is expected from no-shows.