The Director provides technical and legal expertise in estate planning to prospective and current donors and to their advisors, regarding the tax and charitable aspects of planned giving. This position also provides expertise and is a key development officer in the construction and evaluation of complex gift agreements, for gifts both outright and planned. In addition to carrying a personal portfolio, s/he develops and implements a multi-year strategic marketing plan to maximize income by securing a range of planned gifts.
A base at the National Office in Chicago is strongly preferred but there may be flexibility for the right candidate to be based elsewhere in the U.S.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Relationship Development and manages a Sr. Associate Director, Planned Giving.
Essential Job Functions:
• Design, implement and manage a robust nationwide planned giving program.
• Provide expert counsel in planned giving strategies to colleagues across the country.
• Manage a personal portfolio of planned giving donors and prospects.
• Work closely with the Senior Director, Relationship Development to set goals and strategies to meet nationwide planned giving activity metrics.
• Collaborate with the Senior Director of Direct Marketing & Intermediate Giving on multi-channel marketing strategies including direct mail, marketing collateral, and online outreach.
• Complete proposals and finalize gift arrangements for bequests, charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, pooled income funds, and gifts of complex assets.
• In coordination with the Director of Stewardship, direct and oversee stewardship and recognition programs to ensure legacy donors continue to be engaged with the Association.
• Develop and implement strategies to enhance the recruitment and stewardship of Founder’s Society members.
• Develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with other members of the Development team and formulate strategies to integrate planned giving into the cultivation of strategic, major and intermediate gift donors.
• Manage the planned giving budget and meet the projected financial goals of the department.
• Oversee planned giving donor data to ensure proper management of planned giving records and files.
• Enhance and monitor the planned giving website to successfully engage donors and encourage online legacy gifts.
• Collaborate with operations staff as needed to ensure compliance with all state insurance filings, gift annuity reserve requirements and Gift Acceptance Policy.
• Provide work direction to the Sr. AD of Planned Giving to ensure effective and efficient gift administration, regular management reports, and database maintenance. Provide appropriate levels of training, mentoring and professional development.
• Maintain expertise in legislation and regulations affecting charitable giving.
• Contribute to the nationwide Relationship Development team and serve on the Relationship Development Senior Leaders Team.
• Embrace and live out professionalism and fundraising best practices.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; must be confident and personable.
• Superior interpersonal skills including ability to listen, observe and interact well with diverse individuals and groups.
• High integrity and professionalism, respecting the confidential nature of donor information and the Alzheimer's Association's business practices.
• Team leader and team player with ability to work collaboratively with Association colleagues, and leadership locally and nationally.
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time, including overnight travel.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Chicago Council on Planned Giving © 2017 | Phone: (630) 416-1166 | email@example.com
Terms / Privacy / Header images courtesy of The Newberry Library, Chicago