OB TITLE: Territorial Director of Planned Giving
ORGANIZATION NAME: The Salvation Army Central Territory
LOCATION: Hoffman Estates, IL
CONTACT NAME: Sue Bultman
CONTACT PHONE: (123) 456-7890
CONTACT EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
URL TO APPLY: https://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/openings
POST DATE: 11/12/16
The Salvation Army’s Central Territory seeks a dynamic, goal-oriented Territorial Director of Planned Giving with 10 or more years of experience in planned giving with a track record of success and demonstrated expertise in leading a team of PG professionals. Preference is given to those who have served in a faith-based organization and/or a matrixed structure.
This position offers a competitive benefits package. The position will have access to a fleet vehicle for travel out to the Divisions. The finalist for this role will be required to submit to a full background and reference check.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority / Female / Disabled / Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position, please call 847-294-2166.
Specific Requirements Include:
· A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in planned giving, with documented ability to manage staff and lead teams; proven success in building productive work teams with a focus on mentoring and staff development.
· A track record of success in securing a wide range of planned gifts (various forms) at the six and seven figure level or above from donors in face-to-face settings, demonstrating a knowledge and ability to identify and develop potential donors and teach that process to others.
· Strong technical knowledge of planned giving process and the instruments used.
· Proven ability to build strong relationships with a variety of volunteers, public leadership, partner organizations, and professional advisors.
· Strong analytic and strategic-thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to create, implement, and monitor complex plans and translate those plans into goals and concrete strategies with an inherent ability to influence and build trust, unifying diverse groups and leaders.
· Demonstrated ability to set, achieve or exceed goals and meet deadlines with a natural capability of handling and controlling multiple projects and people. Ability to analyze data and forecast future market trends and develop 3-5 year plans.
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Economics, Business, Marketing or Communications. Advanced degree in Law, CFRE or other fundraising or planned giving certifications are preferred.
To apply, candidates must complete the online application at https://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/openings and thereon submit their cover letter and resume. No applications will be accepted via email. Questions may be addressed to Sue Bultman at email@example.com.
ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
This search is being managed by Heather Eddy, President and CEO of Kistner Eddy Executive Services (KEES). Kistner Eddy Executive Services (KEES) is a retained search firm dedicated to building transformative teams and leaders in the nonprofit and public sectors.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination. Located in Hoffman Estates, IL (35 miles northwest of Chicago), The Salvation Army’s Central Territory is one of four national territories and serves as the administrative head of 10 Divisions and 257 corps (program service sites) throughout the central United States.
Chicago Council on Planned Giving © 2017 | Phone: (630) 416-1166 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms / Privacy / Header images courtesy of The Newberry Library, Chicago